About the Library
The Alumni Medical Library serves the faculty, staff and students of the Boston University schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine, Public Health, and the Boston Medical Center. Faculty, staff and students of the Boston University Charles River campus are eligible for most services. Members of the Boston Library Consortium (BLC) are also welcome to use the Medical Library, and are eligible for most library services, with a valid BLC Card.
Use the links below or contact a reference librarian at (617) 638-4228, or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on access, resources and services.
- About the Library Collections
- Departments & Staff Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Alumni Medical Library offers a wide variety of resources and services supporting education at the Boston University Medical Campus.
- Print collections: 20,000 books and 1300 journal titles
- Digital collections: 12,219 electronic books, 6,655 online journals and 339 bibliographic databases
- Subject guides:124 subject guides to electronic resources
- Curriculum Integrated Activities: BUSM
Request that the Library purchase a resource by submitting a book or journal request.
Librarians are available to provide a number of on request services supporting course instructors, including:
- Assignment assistance: Librarians can arrange computer labs for drop-in course-integrated student training.
- Information liaison services: A Librarian can be assigned to your class to act as a point-of-contact for students as they navigate Library resources.
- Curriculum-integrated training: Librarians can visit your class or provide hands-on information literacy sessions in the Library computing labs.
- Faculty training: Librarians can provide training for faculty on Library resources.
- Reference services: Librarians are available M-F, 8:30-5 at the reference desk.
If you have questions or would like to arrange for the above services, contact The Reference Desk [(617) 638-4228, email@example.com].
The Library provides a number of online services supporting course instructors, including:
- Subject pathfinders: Librarians can create subject guides to provide easy access to information resources
- Web support: Librarians can design and maintain web portals to information relevant to your course and students.
- Tutorials: Librarians can design online tutorials guiding students through the search process.
- Courseware: Librarians can help you connect library resources to your Blackboard sites.
- Medical Image Resources: A selection of websites featuring medical images is available from the Library's homepage. Please be aware of copyright when using these sites.
If you have questions or would like to arrange for the above services, contact A'Llyn Ettien [(617) 638-4236, firstname.lastname@example.org], Head of Technical Services.