Connecting to the BU Campus Network
Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) students, faculty, staff, residents, and other users who have a BU login name and Kerberos password can access licensed online resources from home or other off-campus locations through a new authentication service called EZproxy. These resources include electronic journals, textbooks, electronic indexes, and other Web-based tools. Users no longer need the VPN or Proxy Server to access our resources.
- If you need a BU login name and Kerberos password, send an email to Bernardo Iglesias (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jason Yee (email@example.com) from a valid BMC email account. This email must include your first name, last name, email address, and department or school. If you have a BU ID, please include the UID number in your email as well.
- For more information on EZproxy, please visit in the Office of Information Technology’s page at http://www.bu.edu/proxy.
- If you are having trouble connecting to our electronic resources, please visit the EZproxy Frequently Asked Questions Page or contact the Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 638-4228, Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
- If you previously configured your web browser with the Proxy Server, click here for information on how to remove those settings.
Wireless Internet connections are available in the Alumni Medical Library and throughout the campus on the 802.1x Network. Connecting to the BUMC Wireless Network (802.1x) requires a BU login name and Kerberos password or PPP account. To set up a BU login name and Kerberos password for BMC users, visit http://www.medlib.bu.edu/computing/acs.cfm.
If your BU account was created prior to April 2008, the BUMC Wireless Network requires a one-time authentication of your BU account at https://www.bu.edu/computing/accounts/ad/kpw (you should be automatically redirected to this page through your browser the first time you log into the Wireless Network).
The instructions for configuring your computer to use the 802.1x Wireless System are below:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (Including Windows Mobile)
- Mac OS X
- Apple iPhone or iPod Touch
- BU Linux
- Go to Printing
- Click on Click here if you know which software package you need to install. Or Packages
- For most students, select Library Printing
- For Dental Students select Dental Printers and Library Printing
- Download and install the HP Printer Drivers
- Go to Pharos
- Click on Support Center
- Click on Macintosh Components on the left column
- Download Pharos Popup and Notify Clients for Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.8
- Add a printer via System Preferences --> Print & Scan
- If the Advanced button is not available
- Ctrl + click on a blank area
- Select Customize Toolbar...
- Drag Advanced to the tool bar area
- Click on Advanced
- Type: Pharos Print Server
- URL: popup://126.96.36.199/maclrcprintq
- Name: maclrcprintq
- Print Using: Select Printer software
- Select HP Laserjet 4250
- Select Optional Tray 3: 500-Sheet Input Tray
- Select Duplex Unit
If you require further assistance in setting up wireless printing, please visit the Library Computing Help Desk (room L-1109)
BUMC Shared Drives and internal websites require that you authenticate from off-campus before use with the Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Client.
For more information about the VPN Client or to download it to your desktop, go to: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/bumc-oit/network/vpn/.